Personalized strategies for each client, responsive to change and monitored weekly. Strategies are grounded in long term trends, but adjusted for today’s markets. Above all else, risks are managed in each portfolio.
Why use us as your Investment Advisor?
The idea behind our strategy is to build a solid foundation using a Core Group of Investments and then layering in additional asset classes that typically outperform at different periods in the economic cycle. By utilizing low cost Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s) we construct each client’s portfolio based on an agreed upon strategy that incorporates: risk tolerance, return objectives, financial plan goals and cashflow needs. (This is key, as we will not take on an investment client until there is a firm understanding through the planning analysis of how your money should be invested)
One of our key differences is that we take a proactive view in determining client investment strategy. We believe that clients hire an advisor to be proactive and to protect their money in difficult times just as well as helping them make decent returns during the good times. While we present an asset allocation model to each client and strive for that model, if the market dictates a change in strategy we will notify each client and then implement.
Working with The Advisory Firm as your Investment Advisor:
- As an Investment Advisor we assist you in setting up an account with the custodian we use to hold client assets, TD Ameritrade Institutional. You the client then assign us as the Investment Manager over the account. We don’t ever physically have possession of your assets.
- We meet with you to develop an Investment Model that meets your objectives and once you approve the strategy we begin the investing process.
- TD Ameritrade holds your accounts and will send you monthly statements along with providing online access to view your accounts.
- As a client of The Advisory Firm we also set you up a personal secure web portal to view your accounts and track all of your financial info.
- We maintain an open dialogue with clients via weekly emails to let you know how your investments are doing, our views on the market and any changes that we may be recommending to the overall strategy.
- We are not paid on commission for investing money, rather an annual fee that is debited by 1/4 of the amount at the end of each quarter from your account.
- 1% annual fee on the first $1,000,000 in assets ($50,000 to $1,000,000)
- .8% annual fee on the next $1,000,000 in assets ($1,000,001 to $2,000,000)
- .6% annual fee on remaining assets over $2,000,000