Are you thinking of selling an investment property (rental) but don’t want to pay taxes on your gains?  With the rise in property values a lot of folks are thinking about selling and a 1031 tax free exchange may be something for you to consider.  The 1031 is the tax code that allows you to sell one property and buy another while deferring capital gains, however you must follow the rules or it could be disqualified by the IRS and end up being a tax mess.

Take a look at the attached PDF for a quick rundown of the IRS rules regarding 1031 tax free exchanges:

  1.  Must be like kind property
  2. You have to use an intermediary
  3. There are time restrictions

Request Follow Up

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

James A. Daniel

James A. Daniel - Financial Planner


How can a fee-only fiduciary Certified Financial Planner™ help YOU?

As a fee-only Financial Planning firm we assist you in answering life’s challenging financial questions and help guide you to make smart financial decisions.

Leave A Comment